JCI Guidelines for Control of Cracking of Mass Concrete 2016
"JCI Guidelines for Control of Cracking of Mass Concrete 2008" was published in November 2008 which incorporated the advanced technologies concerning design and construction technology developed for about 20 years since the first issue of the Guidelines published in March 1986.
Another 8 years make“JCI Guidelines for Control of Cracking of Mass Concrete 2016"equip more accurate design values of concrete materials as well as simpler equations for estimating a thermal cracking index than the 2008 Guidelines. Moreover it considers the establishment of the technological measures for cracking caused by “Delayed Ettringite Formation (DEF), which have not been observed in Japan but become a big problem in mass concrete construction in EU, USA and South East Asia, based on the result of studies and researches conducted by a committee established in JCI.
The major aspects of the revised 2016 Guidelines, which follow the basic control principle and procedures of the 2008 Guidelines, are as follows;
- Improvement of accuracy and extension of application range of design values
- Modification of simple equations for predicting thermal crack index and thermal crack width as well as proposal of simple equations for predicting the maximum temperature of concrete
- Provision of items with respect to prevention of DEF cracking
- Evaluation of properties of materials and enrichment of technical data related to construction works in consideration of application of 2016 Guidelines overseas.
The contents of the Guidelines are as follows;
Chapter 1 General
Chapter 2 Basis of Control and Prevention of Cracking Due to Heat of Hydration of Cement
Chapter 3 Planning for Control and Prevention of Cracking Due to Heat of Hydration of Cement
Chapter 4 Verification of Cracking Due to Heat of Hydration of Cement
Chapter 5 Construction Works
Chapter 6 Inspection of Cracks Due to Heat of Hydration of Cement
- (A) Investigation on Maximum Temperature of Concrete Members Relating to Combination of Unit Cement Content and Placing Concrete Temperature for Experience Based DEF Verification
(B) Summaries of Cementitious Material Standards in Japan, USA and EU, and Quality of Typical Cement Applied to Concretes Provided in the 2016 Guidelines
- Reference Materials
- Thirty reference materials for backgrounds of the provisions and commentaries
- Case Studies
- Two case studies for verification of thermal cracking: Box culvert structure and pier
A CD which contains both pdf files of 2016 Guidelines and 2008 Guidelines is attached on each book.
HOW TO ORDER
Please ask us how to order by e-mail address as below.